Super Smash Bros Brawl: Marth's Sword 2
I was commissioned to make another Marth sword and scabbard from the video game Super Smash Bros Brawl. You can see the original build HERE
. Having done it before, I was able to make a few refinements.
Instead of vacforming a shell over the pommel, I decided to build the bands from strips of styrene.
I made the guard a bit thinner than before so that the "arms" had a more pleasing edge
The scabbard end cap was made from thick styrene with holes cut into it.
Sides were added to make a box. The holes were backed with a very thin styrene.
I wanted to make the design on the scabbard with more relief so I made a master from thicker styrene and used scrapbooking brads for the rivets
I made a mold of the master.
I then cast copies of the master out of resin to be glued to the scabbard. The one on the left is the copy.
The painted design.
The final painted sword
The final sword in the completed scabbard.
I painted the belt loop to match the surrounding details so that it would blend in.
The final end cap. It is painted a slightly more yellow version of gold.