HALO 2 Master Chief Armor: Helmet Revised
As it was pointed out to me by some wise-arse ;) on The RPF the brim on the helmet was too short. I thought that I could live with it but the more I looked at it, the more it bugged me. Adjusting it wasn't that hard as I just built a frame around the old one.
Of course, once the brim was extended, I had to also extend the rest of the top. Oh well...
Once that was adjusted, I had to re-do the faceplate. The new brim actually made for a more accurate flaceplate...I cut it out of .08 Lexan, glued it in place and put gold mirror tinting behind it. The gold mirror tint was hard to find but I was able to use the bottom part of a grey-to-gold gradation film. The "real" Halo faceplate has an embossed pattern on it so I cut the pattern out of styrene and (tack) glued it over the Lexan. I used a "chrome" metallic gold paint that has the same color (the photos don't show it accurately) but a differnet level of reflectiveness. Amazingly enough, the opaque pattern doesn't restrict my field of vision at all!
I have yet to add cooling fans, accent color and weathering, but it's basically DONE!
Now to finish the rest of the armor before Halloween!