Die Cast Battlestar Galactica: New Base
This year Hasbro released a series of die cast Galactica toys, most recently a large version of the the Battlestar itself. Unfortunately it came with a large case that took up an unreasonable amount of shelf space. I had a few hours to spare so I decided to modify the base into something smaller.
I first cut down the base to a rectangle.
I built up the sides with styrene....
And then sanded it flush.
To emulate the armor of the Galactica, I attached styrene ribs to the surface...
And finished it off with styrene plates.
A coat of semi-gloss black, a wash of grey to bring out highlights and some silver to scuff edges.
The new Galactica with a smaller footprint!