Stormtrooper Vinyl Model Kit by Screamin': Helmet
As seen in the previous post, the helmet was a big mess! Besides the general cleanup and edge refining that I did on all the other parts...
I cut off the "ears", extended and reshaped the "snout" with putty, removed the front grill and "microphone" tips, cut out spaces in the "teeth" and lined the inside of the helmet with epoxy putty.
The disk portion of the ears was made with styrene and the "track" running from it was epoxy putty.
I had to completely reshape the eye holes with epoxy putty. I pushed Sculpey through the eye holes from the inside and sanded the lenses round.
The holes in the "teeth" were backed with black tape. The grill on the snout was heat formed out of styrene, with the grooves filed into it. The new "microphone" tips were made from styrene tubes.
The inside of the helmet was painted black and the trim was made from a thick plastic coated cord from the craft store.
The final helmet! The blue hash marks along the jaw will be painted in later.